For this badge, we were asked to look up e-safety awareness posters that show children how to be a ‘digital citizen’. There were many different poster designs all describing how children can stay safe online, such as acrostics and mindmaps. Some key points that the posters put forward to children were:
- Do not share personal information online such as your full name and address.
- Think about what you say as it may be hurtful to others.
- Don’t talk to or meet up with people you don’t know.
- Be careful accepting files or opening emails from people you don’t know as they may contain viruses or nasty messages.
- Stay secure by choosing a safe password and changing it often.
We were then given the task of creating our own posters advertising how children can stay safe online: